Just how important is nutrition?
Let’s talk about nutrition
In the scientific realm, our dietary consumption is broadly known as nutrition.
Let’s think about your most recent meal.
- How did you choose that meal?
- What did you think before, during, and after that meal?
- How did that meal make you feel after finishing it?
- Where did you eat this meal?
- Who was around you?
The Nutrition Task
1. Consider your current dietary nutrition and behaviour.
2. Write down what you ate (it doesn’t matter if you have the memory of a goldfish, just try your best) for just one day. This in itself is a huge task; you are immediately held accountable to your own nutrition and your dietary patterns surface to your consciousness. This is good, trust me. Mindful eating is healthy eating.
3. Reflect and understand how you normally feel on a day to day basis. Do you feel lethargic, fatigued, tired or inflamed?
4. Upon reflection and careful thought of your day, pick one thing to change.
5. If you are successful in maintaining this task for 2 weeks, choose a second task and build on that momentum and then a third and a fourth.
This is called growth. Growth can be hard, but it’s necessary.
The impact of this one Nutrition Task is different for everyone. All we ask is that you reflect on the process, before, during and after. The end objective is that you develop mindful eating. Where you start to take more control of what you eat, where you eat, how you eat, and why you eat.
Mindful eating is healthy eating.
Mindful eating has the power to make you happier and healthier.